With 45.6 million households owning dogs in the U.S. and 38.2 million owning cats, the customer base for the pet-related products industry is huge. Pet expenditures in America are in the billions with sales increasing 77% from the year 2000 to 2010 and continuing to grow. With an understanding of these market trends as well as their own history of pampering their pets, the owners launched their ecommerce business in 2007. Today, it is one of the premiere websites in its industry offering attractive, high quality dog and cat collars, leashes, harnesses, beds, toys, jewelry, apparel, treats and accessories. With 95% of products drop shipped and the remaining 5% ordered as sold, there is very little inventory to manage. In fact, this portion can easily be converted to dropship so that all products are delivered from fulfillment vendors. The business can be operated from any location and from a home office needing as little as 100 sq. feet of space. With the SEO work done to date, the website boasts #1 POSITION ranking on Google for its top industry keyword terms. As such, it has generated traffic of over 250,000 unique visitors in the trailing 12 months! This is an excellent opportunity for a buyer to acquire an established, high quality, dropship ecommerce internet business with continued substantial growth potential in a growth industry!
Building upon its foundation of established financials, strong customer base, expansive product line and excellent keyword ranking, this website can be taken into the next level of growth by increased marketing efforts. Some ideas for future growth include: further expansion of the product lines to include high demand collegiate and professional sports-themed styles, distributing a monthly online newsletter with exclusive offers consistently promoting merchandise (owners have only sent out two editions since inception), launching an affiliate program and social media advertising.
Its Page 1 dominance for important keywords on the major search engines, extensive, affordable and high-quality product lines and numerous discount codes have made it the top place to shop and given it its edge in the industry.