Ancient Civilizations Niche Dropship Ecommerce Business
Asking Price: $1,000,000
A passion for the mystery and intrigue surrounding ancient civilizations, worlds and people was the catalyst for this dropship ecommerce business. The company’s main product categories include Jewelry, Apparel, Home Décor, Drinkware, Artwork and Accessories with themes of various early civilizations.
99% of sales are converted through the Shopify website with orders dropshipped from vendors directly to customers. The remaining 1% of sales are generated through Amazon FBA. 80% of its customers are located in the U.S.
While this is a 100% dropship model, the company typically keeps around $20k-$30k of inventory on hand with a supplier in China to procure deep pricing discounts by buying in bulk versus on demand. This is only for its best selling SKU’s. The company also keeps about $2-3K of inventory with Amazon FBA. The total current inventory value is approx. $29k.
The business has been experiencing growing sales YOY! Various strategies implemented in 2020 have paid off with great success…. the business finished off 2020 with income up 48% and profits up 374% over 2019! The company’s success has continued into 2021 with sales and profits already up in Jan’21 (only halfway through the month) over Jan’20!
Key Benefits Include:
- 100% Dropship
- Growing Sales and Profits
- Broad appeal across 8 cultures and across dozens of product categories which allows for unlimited expansion by going deeper in both culture and products but also via adding additional cultures
- 75,000 actual customers in database
- Diversity in global supplier pool with in-place relationships
- 60% GP operations with about 3% overhead allowing for aggressive growth marketing spend
- Fully trained full-time staff
- 100% of staff work remotely on freelance basis
- Training manuals and SOP documents included
- Global shipping
- Only 1% of revenue comes from Amazon FBA with 99% from the Shopify website
- Future Savings –Shopify does not offer credit card processing services given the owner’s country of residence and thus must pay Shopify external processing fees for using an outside merchant processing company. For a new owner located in the U.S. or Europe who can use Shopify for payment processing, this charge can be eliminated thereby readily adding ~$12-$17k, depending upon the country, to the bottom line with no effort.
|Inventory||Not Included in Asking Price|
|Location||USA, New York (New York)|
|Home Based Business||Yes|
|Seller Finanacing Available||No|
Expanding on its foundation, strategies for further growth include expanding products by adding more from each culture as well as expanding products to other cultures, diversifying ad spend to include Snap, Pinterest, Bing, Tik Tok, etc… and creating a content strategy aimed at creating a community of individuals passionate about themes related to the cultural products to name a few.
All competitors offer products specifically related to a single culture, whereas this business has elected to offer multiple cultures. This allows for higher LTV and expanded total available market while not sacrificing much in terms of authenticity of brand authority.